Monday, August 29, 2011

Drumroll Please....


Hello all my blog readers, thanks for coming back. I can't believe it's almost September! Where did this summer go! I'm kind of looking forward to fall though, I love jeans, sweatshirts and ugg boots weather! Don't forget about delicious soups and all things apple!


Well I said I would be posting some exciting news. No, I'm not pregnant people. Come on. But seriously. I've started the C25K program. C25k, is a program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 30 minutes in just 9 weeks. This is HUGE to me. I don't run, never been a runner EVER. Not even in High School. I absolutely hated when we had to run the mile. Pretty sure my best time doing that was 7:58. I'm super excited for this though. I needed something new. Needed to get some exercising in. I have been doing it after I put Ellie to bed at night and it's only 30 minutes (approx). I will keep you posted as to how it's going. Right now, I love it!


It's always been a "secret" goal of mine to run a 5K or a 10K but I've always been to scared to say that secret out loud. So, I'm posting this here. I will be running the Fargo 5K on May 18, 2012. I know it's forever from now, but I've decided I have to do this. Who knows, maybe by then I'll be ready for the 10K instead. We'll see, but for now I'm going to do the 5K. Wow, I have butterflies just thinking about it. I don't know why it makes me so nervous, maybe because it's just outside of my norm. I don't know.


I feel like a whole new person. I sometimes have to stop and go WHO IS THIS PERSON! I went shopping at Old Navy on Saturday and bought medium shirts. MEDIUM! I wore XXL ON shirts and now I'm a Medium. I just can't believe all that I've accomplished this year.


As I type all of this to you, I think I've hit a plateau (had one a while back but it didn't last this long). I'm bouncing between 149-150 and have been since August 20. But it's OK, because I know I will break the plateau and continue on my journey. I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing.


I have so many people that look up to me and I appreciate it and it makes me even more proud of myself and more determined to do this. Because I am just a normal person that eats normal foods. I don't eat fancy good for you stuff. I eat ice cream practically every day. I eat pizza, hot dishes, hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza rolls, egg rolls, rice, mashed potatoes. I eat all that stuff, I just do it in moderation. I don't eat fast food anymore, I don't drink pop anymore, I don't eat candy and junk food. (If I need a chocolate fix, I will have one or two M&M's or a Fun Size Snickers etc). I just don't cheat, I stay on track. 24-7. I would rather not screw up the entire week I just worked so hard for by eating something terrible on the weekend. This is me, this is what I do. PLEASE don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to devour this:
But I don't, if it was in front of me and it was torturing me, I would have a bite. That's it. That's how I CRUSH those cravings and continue on.


OK, enough about my weight loss journey. Lets talk about my crazy kids!
I took them to the park on Friday evening and I want someone to tell me when Tucker grew up so much. He was climbing up the rock wall like he'd been doing it all his life (all two years of it). He was up the slide down the slide, back up the rock wall. Wanting to crawl across the monkey bars but poor guys arm's are too short. Really, when did this happen?


Here are a few more pictures from Renae Alane Photography, doesn't she do amazing work! Thanks Renae, I always love love love working with you. If anyone ever goes to her please tell her I sent you!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Skinny Rezac,
    I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished. Looking back at your pictures, you are insanely inspiring. I'm so proud of the role model you will now be for Tucker and Ellie. You can be the mom and wife you want to be. I can't wait to see where you go from here. Love You!

    ReplyDelete