Thursday, August 4, 2011

I rode an Elephant.

The circus was in town on Wednesday and we took the notty one there. Thankfully it was a success. He did great, other than when he figured out that if he said "I have to go potty", he would be able to get up and walk. So after 4 potty trips we finally said, no you don't have to go right now. Tucker enjoyed a snow cone thanks to his Auntie Tracy Burchill.
Mommy gets to throw away his shirt thanks to this Cherry flavored snow cone...but he enjoyed it so I'll live.
So intermission comes and they had elephant rides...not sure who was more excited to ride the elephant, Tucker or me. Never mind I know it was me. It was very cool, and I'm thankful for Tucker being too young to ride it himself. Thinking I would of looked very uncool riding the elephant with a bunch of young kids.
Ok so I still look uncool. But I can now say I rode an elephant! All in all, I'm glad we took him. I'm sure he won't remember it but I have pictures to show him someday.
I would just like to also mention, that I don't like to look at dudes in spandex doing a handstand split. It's not pretty and I'm not sure when that vision will leave my head.

I want to talk about how I look at my weight loss. If you were to ask me, how much weight do you have to lose yet? I wouldn't have a clue. Throughout this entire journey I've never known exactly how much I have to go yet. I think that helps me. All I know is that one pound at a time my goal just keeps getting closer and I know that one day I will be there. When? I don't know that either. I haven't said to myself, well if I lose one pound each week, I will be at goal by this day. Again, it's one day at a time. Thank you all for following me, and this journey. I appreciate all the compliments. They truly truly TRULY help me keep going!


What I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: Breakfast Sand which 4pp
Lunch: Totino's Pizza Rolls and pop chips 8pp
Supper: Grilled Chicken Salad and Small Strawberry Sundae 15pp
Snacks/Dessert: Barry Bakery Twist and Float Pop 2pp

I want to give a shout out to my friend and one of my biggest WW support peeps, Laura Iverson, she hit goal yesterday! She lost 35 pounds since March 2, 2011. Way to go LAURA! So proud of you!


I find this fitting for my post today.


Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
(As if that were such a terrible thing.)
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because
they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin,
your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. And I love that you can eat pizza rolls on WW. :)

    ReplyDelete