Monday, August 1, 2011

I give up.

Well I give up. I'm throwing this week out the window. I gained one pound on Saturday and one on Sunday. No clue as to why except I don't think I drank enough water. So screw this week I'm going to eat whatever I want to and just say frick it. UM, HELL NO! Why on earth would I even think of doing that. A. I'm pretty sure it's water weight and B. Why completely just trash the entire week just because I gained a pound or 2. Instead here is what I'm doing. Drinking A LOT of water and eating a few more healthier choices for food. Even though I didn't go over my points this weekend, my food choices weren't the greatest (hot dogs, beef burritos, beer). So my point is, just because I gained doesn't mean I have to give up this entire week because of it. Suck it up, move on and don't dwell on it. Fix it. Here is a great article about the scale (that evil evil machine!) http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm
Tucker update. Well he was almost put up for sale again this weekend. Wow. Whoever's kid this is, I would appreciate you coming to get him and returning mine anytime now. Notty, notty, notty. Any tips on how to get a child to listen? I'll take em! Tucker is potty trained so he is no longer "fenced" in the living room. So anytime I leave the living room he thinks he needs to follow me. Well not much for him to do except find trouble in the kitchen/bedroom. So I say Tucker, please go back in the living room..."I don't want to". That's the response I get every single time. I say - I don't care if you don't want to, you do what Mommy says. I get "I don't' want to". And then I have drag him back into the living room, kicking and screaming and then he has to sit in time out. Over and over and over. Not fun. Mommy's stress level is at a 10. Very frustrating.
Words I never thought I would say:
Funny all these have something to do with his new potty training.
Tucker don't put your hands in the toilet.
Tucker get your hands off your wiener.
Tucker get your hands out of your butt (right after he shit by the way).
Tucker get your hands off your wiener.
Tucker don't put your hands in your pee.
Tucker get your hands off your wiener.
Tucker you can't pee in the middle of the yard.
But I do love this little boy, he still knows how to melt my heart by just saying I love you mommy. He is constantly asking for hugs and kisses so it does make up for a lot of the nottyness.
Miss Ellie is kicking butt at sitting and eating. She's getting much better at both! She seriously is so stinken smiley I just can't take her cuteness sometimes, well all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I almost died when I read that first paragraph. I thought 'Erica, WHAT ON EARTH!?!"

    You fooled me though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Erica. As I was reading your first paragraph, I was thinking "what the hell?? That doesn't sound like Erica." Glad to see you're keeping your eye on the prize.

    I needed your post today. It's been a horribly chaotic weekend, with lots of traveling, and not a lot of healthy eating (and very little water drinking - my parents water tastes like crap) - so I didn't even step on the scale today. I was thinking of just writing this week off as a loss and starting over after WI on Thursday (I'm going to be traveling 4 hours twice to go to a funeral tomorrow). You've reminded me that it's a journey, so instead of letting myself get derailed (even for a few days), to just hop back onto the wagon.

    Glad to hear Ellie is doing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete